Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Weekend!

As you all probably know, yesterday was Mother's Day. We spent our time here at church in the morning. We had 5 babies to take care of. They were very well behaved and then they got restless at the end. We had to hurry away after the service so we could go to the game. There were six of us at the Rays game. The grandparents, Hettie and I, John, and Dave. They had the nice seats behind the plate. We sat in the bleachers up in left field. We had a great view, although we were more interested in the scoreboard than the actual game. I kept checking for the Cubs scores. Hettie kept her eye open for the Braves.

When we left the game(after Grandma got her M-day foul ball), we decided to go back to Clearwater and Capogna's. In Capogna's we(or I should say I) got to watch the end of the Cubs game, SWEEP! When we were done, we got home exhausted to some very hungry pups. They behaved themselves, and went outside. I'm sure everyone is interested in the pups potty schedule, but I suppose I could spare you the details.

Now to today. 3 rooms down, 4 to go. We have a lot of wood left. I need to get the bedrooms done next. We have the little plastic footies to slide the furniture and now I have to continue installing before ripping up the nasty carpet in the room. I'm also finishing the stairnose problem. I have to get the wood to cooperate with me for that. I think a very small planer or tiny chisel would work wonders. I'l just deal in sandpaper and screwdrivers. For now the keyboard is my palette.

I am already missing Hettie this morning. She has 76 vet clinic volunteer hours to go, and she's going to take care of 4 today including watching some bladder surgery. I hope she enjoys it. I'll be working on the floors while she's gone.

Sorry for not getting on sooner to type, but I have been pretty busy. Talk to you all later.

-me

1 comment:

HB said...

Aaawwww, baby I miss you too.