Friday, April 4, 2008

How would you like to improve your life?

What can be a part of your busy lifestyle? You have work, family, house duties, extracurricular duties, and even fun time duties. When did having fun, become a chore. Why do we have to plan a good time. If we want to go on a trip, we have to plan right. It takes a little bit of the fun and excitement out of the vacation, when you make it something you have to do. What about going out to eat? Do you have to fit it in to your schedule in order to go? Is there something you could do before you go, maybe something you could drop off on your way home. Why is everything a chore?
The answer lies in spontanaety. We have spent the past year filling up our schedule with some wonderful things that make our lives more meaningful to us. The hospital, for example, I am going to this morning for a few hours. Is it fun? Of course it is. I love the feeling I get by helping others who can't do what they need for a simple doctor visit. How about the Humane Society? We'll be there tomorrow. Our love for animals makes it a wonderful time for us to connect with them and make them better pets to go to a loving home. I seem to have very little free time. I didn't even mention church, school, or work. The lack of free time is not a problem at all. I love my schedule and would hate to have to change it.
We have brought up the idea of what to do with our fun time. Coming from a scheduled background, both of us have a hard time not scheduling things. This becomes our only real problem. How do we just go with the flow? We have been doing these things so much, it makes it hard to change our ways. I love my wife with all my soul. I want to make her happy. I want to surprise her and do nice things for her. How do I go into surprises without scheduling and make them memorable. I need to keep up with being a good husband. I think that is very important. I want to take advantage of our other free time to be the husband she deserves. I just don't want us to follow the agenda. I may have an answer but I have to try to implement my ideas when we have free time.
To improve our already wonderful lives, I want to be sure I do what I can for my baby. She is my best friend and deserves all the love I can offer and more. I just need to be there for her and continue trying. I will figure out the best way someday. Till then, we can continue to be wonderfully scheduled, because these things keep us grounded. And there really is nothing more fulfilling we can do with our time now. I love you sweetheart.
me

2 comments:

Becca said...

Awwww you guys are too cute. Count yourselves very lucky that you are able to work from home and see each other as much as you do. I wish Joel and I had more time. But alas....such is life. I know you guys are busy but be sure to take time for 'nothingness.' Even if you have to schedule the 1/2 day of nothingness. Plan to do nothing! LOL. We do it atleast once every 2 weeks and it works out really well.

HB said...

I love you sweetheart!

So what exactly do you do during nothingness? That's funny. We would have to schedule to do nothing. Such is life huh!

We should count our blessings daily!