Sunday, April 6, 2008

Relief... in the form of building materials.

I can relax and enjoy the new projects. By the time I get to the wood for installation, they will be well acclimated to the house. I am very excited about the projects coming up. I have some new problems to work out with the installation. I need to figure out how to best put the pieces together. It will be like a big puzzle. Since I enjoy puzzles, I think it can be a very relaxing time. The biggest issues will be where the furniture goes in order to make room for the empty floor space. I guess we need our thinset for the tile, then I need to get a consult from a friend who specializes in countertops. Then it's off to the races!! Setting up a timeline with priorities will help to break down the immense amount of work.

We have the nursery this morning so we get to spend time with the little ones for a few hours. This afternoon, we are praying for no rain. Allie needs a bath so she won't be stinky for another month. There is a dog wash in town we would like to try. They cancel the event if there is rain. I think Allie is looking forward to it too even if she doesn't like baths.

Still wondering about what is going on with houses here. Are we supposed to wait? Are we supposed to jump a little quicker? The other house we liked is on the block right now. I would like to at least see it. We are wondering about what God wants us to do. He has led us to a couple of houses recently. I find it strange because we have not been seriously searching. Then out of the blue, these homes that are exactly what we want, are coming into the picture. We should just keep watching and see where we are led.

1 comment:

HB said...

I know you will do a wonderful job at finishing up dad's home!