Friday, March 14, 2008

Early to rise

Today we are going through a usual routine with lots of coffee early in the morning. Most days, we get up at 0500 and we'll be in bed by 2100. I know, not usual for two 27 year olds with no kids. We enjoy being up early and spending time together. I like to get on the computer first thing after grabbing a cup of joe. Walks and light jogs also come early in the morning. I can't go to hard because I messed up my back, neck, knees, etc. in the service. I would like to stay fit and not become a slob. It's Friday, so I'll be at the hospital this morning. I enjoy my time there because I have a chance to help people who can't get to their appointments without someone to take them. I have a 4 hour shift where my driver and I take a van around the community to pick up those who cannot otherwise get to the hospital. The service is free and runs entirely on donations. Even with gas prices the way they are right now. I like doing it even though we have to wear a uniform. When we have time to take a break, the driver and I will stop to go through our daily crosswords and sudoku. Those are so addicting! I have books on both now and get new ones every couple of months.
We look forward to this afternoon because we are putting in an order for some wood for the floors. Tile is needed too. The whole house is getting a facelift with the floors. We will need a truck to haul it all back next weekend. Then just to make room, we're calling the salvation army to take all of our junk out of the house. That should give me room to work and a chance to empty out our storage unit too.
I have to go now, so I can get ready to work out before leaving.
me

No comments: