Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good Morning

We had a nice St Patrick's day. We decided to stay at home and avoid the crazies. I am happy that the opportunity was there if we wanted it, and I think we would have had fun either way. Today is a school day and Hettie and I will be there this morning. More Micro for her. I'll be visiting Lowes and the veterans counselor if I have time. I have a little job to help out with the grandparent's cleaning lady. We are happy to help out any way we can.
Volunteering went really well yesterday. The gift shop was busy even though we couldn't accept credit cards. The place we volunteer our time at together has a lot of little knick knacks. It is tough to go there and not buy something. Especially since it all goes toward a good cause. Most of the time we justify buying a peanut butter cup or two. All in the name of charity right? I love how we can go and relax. Hettie gets a lot of studying in for classes. Since the shop doesn't have a lot of traffic, it can sometimes be just 3 hours of listening to hospital music. The job is one that anyone could do, but it feels so much better knowing that we want to be there instead of having to be there. The same goes for the Humane Society. I was apprehensive at first starting out with volunteer time. As soon as we got into it though, we're hooked. You get a really great feeling about yourself when you go and give your time and effort for something you enjoy. We don't need pay since we get the satisfaction of helping out people and animals who really need it. This week will go by quickly because we'll be busy all through the weekend. I can't wait to get everything done. The flooring materials should be ready for pickup, the storage unit should be empty and we'll have more jobs at home to work on. I am excited. I think I have rambled on enough for now.
me

2 comments:

HB said...

How could we not like it? We get to see animals, shop and spend time with eachother. Sounds perfect to me! : O)

sbrewner said...

Those animals look pretty funny too.