Thursday, March 27, 2008

What are you telling us God?

The house we put a bid on came back saying that there was another offer that they would accept. Now the seller's agent said that the offer they received was flimsy. They wanted us to present a more desirable bid for the house. No can do. We have our limit and that is what we are sticking to. If they decide they really want to sell the house, we would be happy to purchase it at the price we quoted. We just can not afford more. I think it will work out the way God planned. If we are to get this house, it is his will. If not, it was not meant to be. We are looking into some other properties in the area to see if any of them jump out at us like this one did. I'm not saying we should lower our standards, just our price range. I think I can get some more things done today with the prep on the house here. I need to start making room for our flooring projects. The materials should be here within the week, so I can get started. I am curious about counter top installation. I keep looking at the framework under our existing counters and they don't seem to make much sense for what I want to do with them. I'm going to consult one of our friends who does a lot of that work and then move forward. The last thing I want to do is mess up one of our pieces and have to go get another one. I might try to handle the freestanding counter first, since it looks easier than the other two. We shall see. Keep checking in here for more info on the progress.
me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your guys' house offer falling through, believe me we know how annoying and frustrating and disheartening it all it. Like i told Hettie, if you don't find something down there, we have plenty of houses up here for waaaaaaaaaay less. =D
If you ever have any questions about cabinetry i can help you out, however countertop installation i've never really messed with. Measuring yes, installation not so much. =/
Good luck with all of your projects though!
(and i'll comment on your guys' posts because i enjoy reading them)