Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

To everyone, have a happy and safe St Patty's Day. We had a very busy weekend. I was running around with Hettie a lot to get errands done and we really pushed our time and got everything done. Yesterday, we went to church and had a great time on Palm Sunday. The sermons have been hitting close to home every week we go. It is as if God is speaking to us alone, and we are growing as better people and enhancing our marriage every week. The little messages say so much in a few short words and many trivial things that seemed to occupy our thoughts and time don't hold the same importance. We really have grown closer each time and hope to live up to our christian views of ourselves. Being good is not easy. It takes a lot of work to not go with the flow and just be like everyone else. I thank God everyday for our situation and we are truly happy. We have ambitions and dreams. Some day we will be further along in the things we want to accomplish. Our pace is not the normal one. I guess you could say we are behind on some important things. Most people our age have completed college and grad school by our time. I will be going back to school as a Sophomore in August. Hettie is a Junior now. I would not trade any of my experiences for a degree and a nice career right now. If I "what if" all day, I will certainly lose most of the great things in my life that I have already earned. I know that we have our life lessons and I have learned a lot. I will not take any of my time for granted. Hettie and I make decisions everyday that concern our future and the way we want to live it. We will not bend on our values just to appease others. I really do enjoy being here with my wife and I want to make sure things stay this way. I will keep you all posted on how we intend to do this in future posts. We love you all and wish you a wonderful holiday.

2 comments:

HB said...

I love you baby! xoxo

sbrewner said...

I love you too sweetheart!