Monday, March 31, 2008

How wonderful to be here today

Yes it is a Monday... No I am not insane. The next list item on my agenda, is to keep up with my online ideas. I am involved in typing up a few articles. I have no revenue from any of these sites yet. I think it is because I am not the best writer. I enjoy it though. There is no reason to do things if you don't enjoy them. I know that after some time I may develop a following or even get better. I think it might be good just to see if I can sell an article. I came close on one and was way off the mark on another.
We have some things to do today in the errand dept. Doctor visit here, volunteering there. Should be fun.
Yesterday was really nice. The service was excellent at the restaurant. If you didn't read yesterday, it was the grandparent's 57th anniversary. The food was alright, and overpriced. The reason for going was obviously not the food. I had a good time, but I won't choose to go back unless the prices change or their menu does. 19 dollar salads made with frozen shrimp? We were 100 feet from the gulf. I think there is no excuse there. You know they were paying some kid fisherman to take his wagon and pole to Publix for seafood in the frozen aisle. The chicken was good. The way it was explained on the menu, it didn't sound like fried chicken, but it was. The relish tray and various fresh breads before the meal were excellent. The hot fudge sundae was also very good. The main meal was seriously lacking. I am surprised since that is essentially the featured portion of the menu.
OK I am done complaining now. The good side included conversation, quality time, and family. We even walked down to the gulf and dipped our toes in the water. I wish them many more happy anniversaries.
That's all for now.
me

No comments: