Sunday, March 16, 2008

St Pat is nearing

In our town there is a very large following for St. Patrick's Day. It goes on for about three days in some areas. Yesterday we treated ourselves to a date complete with corned beef sandwiches and bagpipers. It was a blast. I love having the chance to go out with my wife when we don't have any other concerns. The beer limit was one to be sure we got home safely. I don't think we trust any of the drivers here sober! I almost saw a lady run down in a crosswalk. Just last week, I was stopped at a red light while this dumb lady decided to cross. She was wrong to go when the red hand was showing. Nonetheless, it was a wake-up call for her when she heard the tires squeal. The car stopped about 2 inches from her! She must have been on something, because after she moved slowly out of the way, she tried to cross again before the light changed. I was out of that intersection before she got to my car. I think the southeast is a very dangerous place to gamble your life on the attentiveness of the drivers. Between the crazy youth and the older generation that is too stubborn to "give up their freedom" when they should stop driving. It gets pretty dangerous. Just a couple of months ago, a neighbor down the street was killed crossing the road less than a block from her home. I feel for the family and I don't think they even know all the details of the accident. I guess we appreciate how safe our little corner is so much that we get lulled into a feeling of safety. Our area is in fact very safe. The people on this street drive the speed limit or less. We have children that play outside and sometimes find their way into the street. All of the occupants are aware and watch for stray kids. Just 2 streets over is a major through street that would be more of a problem. I think I have rambled on long enough for this morning. I may be a little too tired. Need more coffee.
me

2 comments:

HB said...

Hi babe,

I had so much fun on our date last night. I love you!

sbrewner said...

Thank you sweetheart. I have one fan!