Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lazy Saturday morning

Today we wake up and start looking into removing some work files from the laptop. In my experience, it is a very easy process. The laptop didn't seem to agree. My wife and I had one heck of a time getting the computer to recognize the stupid disc. We were trying to use older discs, but apparently that is a bad idea. I guess we chose wrong. When the computer froze and decided to restart itself, I had to take a new approach. I'm sure you all have had similar problems and it can get really frustrating. I figure the program should work the same way every time whether I use an old disc or new. I will have to settle for little disagreements from time to time.
Yesterday, we spent a lot of time in the rain driving to the store to spend about 6 grand on flooring materials. Holy crap! I think oak will look good on the floors. We have new tile too. No labor costs in this one. I'm teaching myself. My first attempt at tile came out great. I hope I don't mess up the wood though. They are the lock and fold type, so it should be easy. We are not using any glue except for the one step in the house. I will be happy when everything is over. The house has been in a serious state of disrepair for over a year. It gets difficult when the entire house needed to be practically gutted and lived in at the same time. I enjoy the challenge of learning a new skill but would rather not have a messy home all the time. I guess you can say the house has come really far since last year but I can't wait till we're done. Baby steps.
Still doing the home search. If the owners decide to lower their price by 75000 we'll have our dream home for a very reasonable price. I am hoping that they will see how good we can take care of the house and will let us adopt it for cheap.... Yeah right. Only time will tell. I will keep you all posted and see if God really wants us to have this house.
me

No comments: